Helping Clients Across Iowa Secure Fair Compensation
Recent accident studies show that the majority collisions between automobile and motorcycles were caused by errors made by drivers, not motorcyclists. If you have you been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by a reckless or negligent driver, you might be entitled to financial compensation. Our skilled attorney, Danny Cornell, has been helping motorcyclists in Iowa fight for their legal rights for the past 25 years and he is prepared to help you pursue justice.
Call (319) 219-2800 today to speak with our team of legal professionals about your case and what legal options are available for you.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
As we discussed above, motorcycle accidents are frequently caused by reckless drivers who are not observing their surroundings. Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Although drivers know that they should not take phone calls, text message, or use other hand held devices while driving, many continue to engage in these reckless behaviors, which increases their chances of being involved in a devastating accident with a nearby motorcycle.
- Unsafe Lane Changes: Motorcycles are harder for drivers to spot than other types of passenger vehicles. Because motorcyclists are harder see, drivers should always check their mirrors and blind spots closely before trying to switch in to a new lane or before making make a turn. Drivers who don't look at their mirrors before completing these actions can end up causing a serious accident with a motorcyclist they did not see.
- Failing to Yield: Busy intersections can be dangerous for motorcyclists because drivers sometimes refuse to yield the right of way. Drivers who are attempting to make right turns and unprotected left turns at intersections are particularly prone to colliding with motorcycle riders in their blind spots.
- Drunk Driving: Many accidents that involve motorcyclists are caused by drivers who choose to get behind the wheel of an automobile while they are under the influence of alcohol. Consuming alcohol can heavily impair a driver's ability to safely operate a vehicle and also increases the risk of a driver overlooking and striking a nearby motorcycle rider.
Our legal team can help you recover compensation for the following motorcycle accident injuries:
- Lower Extremity Injuries
- Muscle Damage
- Neck Injuries
- Road Rash or Friction Burns
- Spinal Injuries
- Dental Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Skull Fractures
If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver's negligence, you might be eligible for the following damages:
- Medical Expenses
- Future Medical Care
- Emotional Suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Lost Wages
Talk to a Burlington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
All drivers have a legal obligation to follow traffic laws and avoid reckless actions that can cause a collision. When a driver is negligent and fails to uphold these duties, the people that have been injured by their actions can take legal action against them.
Having an experienced attorney by your side can substantially influence the outcome of your case. From dealing with insurance adjustors to tracking down important documents and evidence, you need a skilled lawyer if you want to obtain the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled too.
Our Burlington motorcycle accident attorney is prepared to advocate for your rights and help you secure a fair settlement for your accident injuries. Our legal team is here to guide you through the legal process and ensure that your interests are protected. Let us get started on your case today.
Call (319) 219-2800 to find out more about what attorney Danny Cornell can do for you during your free consultation.