Get Help with Your Personal Injury Claim Today
Although dogs can be loyal and usually make great pets, some dogs can be very aggressive and are difficult to domesticate. No matter how small or cute a dog might be, it can still bite a person and cause severe injuries. When a person sustains a dog bite injury, it can be a traumatic experience, especially when the injury victim is a child. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, you have the right to hold the owner of the animal responsible for the damages you incurred.
When you choose the legal professionals at Danny Cornell Law to take on your case, you get an experienced attorney who is capable of building a strong legal strategy that will allow you to pursue the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. We know how hard it can be to focus on recovering from your injury when you have to deal with the stress of a lawsuit, which is why we will work tirelessly to handle every aspect of your case.
Call (319) 219-2800 today to find out how our experienced personal injury lawyer can help with your case .
Steps to Take After a Dog Bite
After a dog bite incident occurs, you should seek medical help as soon as possible. Once you have confirmed that medical assistance is on its way, do the following things to preserve evidence from the scene where the dog bit you:
- Make sure you report the dog and the details of the incident to animal control professionals. Reporting the incident will help prevent the dog from biting someone else.
- If your injury allows you to, take pictures of the injuries you sustained, as well as the location where the dog bite took place.
- Get the names and addresses of any people who saw how your injury occurred.
- Collect the name and address of the dog owner, as well as their insurance policy information.
- Do not sign any documents or take any settlements offered to you by the dog owner without first consulting with a personal injury attorney.
If you are reading this, you most likely have already suffered a dog bite injury and might not have been able to do the things we discussed above. But don't worry, our legal team can investigate your dog bite incident and gather important evidence that can be used to establish liability for your injuries.
Talk to Our Cedar Rapids Injury Attorney Today
At Danny Cornell Law, we have been helping clients throughout Iowa with their bog bite injury cases for the past 25 years. We can review your case and determine what legal actions are available for you. Let us help you secure maximum compensation so that you can fully recover from your injury.
If you have more questions about dog bite injury lawsuits, call (319) 219-2800 to schedule your free case consultation with our law firm. We help clients in Burlington, Fairfield, Mt. Pleasant, Washington, Ottumwa, and surrounding communities. Don't hesitate, call us today.